Privacy Regulation in the U.S.: Developing a Framework for Protecting Consumers and Promoting Innovation
Recent reports by the White House and the Federal Trade Commission have recommended steps that the private sector can take to protect consumer privacy, while also calling on Congress to pass baseline privacy legislation. We'll review the key tenets of the proposed framework, including the creation of a Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights, and discuss what the approach means for industry.
- Lauren Gelman, Founder, Blurry Edge Strategies
- Laura Berger, Senior Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
- Christina Gagnier, Partner, Gagnier Margossian LLP
- Josh Galper, Chief Policy Officer and General Counsel, Personal
- Alexandra Robert Gordon, Deputy Attorney General, California Department of Justice
Recorded at Tech Policy Summit